Reports balance sheet - with explicit dual currency for "$"

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 24 20:08:17 EST 2018

On 24/02/2018 18:05, Vin Ordinaire wrote:

> Dollars are great - pick one of many flavours
> USD,CAN,AUD,HKG,Bermuda,Singapore and about 10 others.
>
> The problem is reporting a balance sheet multiple currency assets.  I
> located in the Windows version Options>Commodities>Show Foreign Currencies
> that does indeed show the "other" value in whatever currency I post the
> asset in.
>
> However, when pairing USD,CAN,AUD,HKG,Bermuda,Singapore and about 10 others,
> the "$" is highly ambiguous and confusing. I pair AUD, USD and HKG and have
> assets in all three currencies.   Is there a way (or in the future) for
> Reports to have a check box "Explicitly show  iso-4217 currency designation"
> to show side by side in the reports like this under assets:
>
> Widgit $HKG 8000   $USD 12000
> Bluto  $AUD 1000   $USD 770
>
> Overall a great alternative to Quicken and its bloatware and its behind the
> scenes business deals with banks to restrict access to data for users (and
> why most US banks do not widely use OFX and have plenty of data as opposed
> to say 90 days) - I suppose license fees, subscription and captivity play a
> huge role in this.
>
> Ideas and apologies in advance if this is a newbie RTFM type question,
> though I see Frédéric Perrin and Derek Atkins and others having a dialogue.

If I understand your query correctly you can edit the symbols via
Tools / Security editor (make sure you have "Show national currencies"
ticked / Currencies

you can change them to anything you want.  I think most people use the 3
letter symbols rather relying on the $

--
Wm
time passes while mods ponder