General Ledger

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 10:58:30 EST 2018

Everyone is correct.

It’s a matter of perspective.

I too was taught ‘General Journal’. The ‘Ledger’ was step 2.

But our textbooks, and likely the focus of any accounting class, were primarily for *business* and from the perspective of a larger corporation or what we would distinguish today as an ‘enterprise', not small/medium business, not a mom & pop or an individual. (the same goes for econ classes by the way)

So the terminology taught to us makes perfect sense from the perspective of the ‘main books’ of said enterprise. I’d bet the intro or the first chapter even qualifies the text accordingly.

Regards,
Adrien