Lost my file

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 18:39:28 EST 2018

Anita,

You need to start by going to a full backup.  Either pick one that you made
when you did your last full computer backup (you do make backup s, right?)
or pick the last one that GnuCash made with the long number embedded in the
file name.

Then you can first save that file with a temporary filename while you
rebuild your data.  Then use File > Replay Log to apply log files newer
than the file you picked to start with.  Those logs don't save every
thing.  Business features in particular will not be updated.

Good luck.

David C