Split Transaction To Personal And Business

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 06:48:47 EST 2018

Well within the regular register there's no mechanism for inputting, e.g.
$40 electricity paid and have the system allocate among splits according to
a formula.

There's however a mechanism for inputting in a Scheduled Transaction (known
as SX), e.g. let's say 50% use is personal and 50% is business, the SX
template will be:
- Assets:Bank (Credit Formula) -billamount
- Expense:Personal:Electricity (Debit Formula) (billamount/2)
- Expense:Business:Electricity (Debit Formula) (billamount/2)
or more complex business splits
... which can pop up a periodic query for the billamount, and is then
apportioned appropriately. But as a new user it's usually best to avoid
these formula-type shortcuts.