Falure to open gnucash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 4 10:04:15 EST 2018

Hi,

First, please CC the list on all replies..

Jerome Kremen <jerry.kremen at engopt.com> writes:

> Thank you Mr. Atkins.
>
> I thought the user list overlord had irrevocably cancelled my hope of ever
> getting an answer from Gnucash users when he turned down my question nearly a
> month ago.  It's a mystery to me how the user list works and why I never get
> an answer to my applications to join a users list or to my questions.  I've
> been through this process a number of times since I started using Gnucash
> about 18 months ago and always end up with the same rejection or no answer at
> all.

There is no "application to join" the list.  You just need to
subscribe.  The only "application to join" is to the WIKI, and an
account there is only required to make changes to the wiki.  So yes,
those accounts are moderated and most are turned down.  However list
membership is 100% self-service at https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo

I don't know what question was "turned down" a month ago.  It's possible
that the list moderator made a mistake and thought it was spam (she's
only human and does sometimes, albeit rarely, make a mistake).

> So I am really thankful for your answer.

Always here to help.  ;)