DELETING OLD GNU CASH ACCOUNTS

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 18:53:53 EST 2018

The program only shows the contents of whatever data file that you open
with it.  If the data appears to be corrupted, that may be a problem with
the data file.  However, it is possible that certain settings will make it
appear that the data is corrupted.  One is the LOCALE setting in the
Windows 7 environment.  Users normally know about this if they reside
outside of the US in a non-English speaking country.

If you have backups of your data from before the problem appeared you can
check them to see if they also appear to be corrupted.

If the data files actually are corrupted, it is highly unlikely that
GnuCash would be able to open them.

David C