Farmer Question

Rachel Gibb angelicwords.canada at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 20:58:15 EST 2018

Hi Jim, I wanted you to know that I have been using gnucash for our farm
business going on 3 years now. I love it. I started with the program on a
linux machine, now I use on my windows machine. I have all our accounts
set up in the one system and pull out the ones to send to the accountant
for our year end. This has worked real well with our personal and business
expenses. I can keep track of everything we spend money on to help out
with our personal budget as well.  We also have various sources of income
like a seed plant, selling seed, etc.

I like the flexibility of gnucash for our business. I like the software so
I can keep my accounting skill sharp as well. I am in Canada and tried the
recommended agriculture software but I hated it. It did too much of the
work for me and I felt a little lost. With gnucash I feel I have more
control.

The only downside is I have to have a spreadsheet to send to the
accountant making moving the amounts over to my spreadsheet program
somewhat tedious and possibility for error. Maybe some day I can figure
out that part of things better, but for now I am quite pleased and the
accountant has been too.

Hope this helps with your decision!

Cheers,
Rachel