Farmer Question

Paddy Walker yarelea at paston.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 06:34:58 EST 2018

I made a similar decision about ten years ago and migated from
Quickbooks for almost identical reasons. I do my own books to trial
balance where an accountant presents them for taxation.

I did it for a similar reason and dispensed with Microsoft. HMRC.'s Paye
Tools have a Linux version which works faultlessly. I am VAT. registered
and reclaiming presents no problems either. I use OpenOffice Calc & Base
for ration calculations, irrigation need and my arable database. I do
still use an ancient version of Microsofr in a Virtual Box to run
InterHerd, I am in my late seventies and I don't think you have anything
to fear from migrating.

I think there is a learning curve but negotiating it will teach you a
lot about good accountancy practice !

Paddy