Reports crashing

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 16:55:30 EST 2018

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 2:14 PM, Ron Burek <rb66033 at gmail.com> wrote:

> With version 2.6.17 and up to 2.6.19, the Reports crash whenever I try to
> generate any report.
> It seems a report actually is generated as an html report and residing in
> \user\app data\local\temp but GnuCash does not launch a browser and GnuCash
> itself crashes.
> I am using data from 2.6.12 and it works fine up to and including 2.6.16.
> I have tried on two computers with Win 10 Home and Win 10 Pro.
> I have tried changing the default system browser to IE, Edge and FireFox.
> I have also tried removing GnuCash completely, cleaning the registry with
> CCleaner, and manually editing through regedit to remove all traces of
> GnuCash, then rebooting and reinstalling 2.6.17.
>
> Can someone please point me towards a possible fix ??

I am not a developer, but it seems likely one of the first things someone
will ask for is a "Tracefile."

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile

Once you have examined the Tracefile, if its contents aren't meaningful to
you, one option would be to open a crash report on Bugzilla and attach the
trace file to the bug. (You'll have to register on Bugzilla if you haven't
already.)

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GnuCash

(I'm suggesting Bugzilla instead of this email list in case the Tracefile
is large.)

If you have more questions or want to mention the bug number, remember to
copy it to the email list.