Reports crashing

Ron Burek rb66033 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 15:14:45 EST 2018

With version 2.6.17 and up to 2.6.19, the Reports crash whenever I try to
generate any report.
It seems a report actually is generated as an html report and residing in
\user\app data\local\temp but GnuCash does not launch a browser and GnuCash
itself crashes.
I am using data from 2.6.12 and it works fine up to and including 2.6.16.
I have tried on two computers with Win 10 Home and Win 10 Pro.
I have tried changing the default system browser to IE, Edge and FireFox.
I have also tried removing GnuCash completely, cleaning the registry with
CCleaner, and manually editing through regedit to remove all traces of
GnuCash, then rebooting and reinstalling 2.6.17.

Can someone please point me towards a possible fix ??

thanks ... Ron