Year end issues

Jack Whyte jvwhyte at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 10:03:33 EST 2018

Hi there

I have used GNU Cash for a number of years to monitor my personal finances.   I have just run the Tools > Close book function to clear down all my expense & income account balances as at 31/12/17 however I seem to have transactions in all of these accounts going back, in some cases, to 2009/2010.

Can someone please advise me if there is a straightforward mechanism to delete all transactions in these accounts - say, up to and including 31/12/2016 as I am concerned the file, currently at around 1.3MB, will become unwieldy and unmanageable.

Thanks & regards
Jack