Year end issues

Ronal B Morse ron at morsehouse.com
Mon Jan 15 16:23:26 EST 2018

This is what I do, but I'm only dealing with household and personal
accounts and smallish investment portfolios. Because the statement
closing dates for the investment and personal bank and credit accounts
don't correspond exactly with the beginning date of the new book,
there's always some monkey motion at the first of the year to "fix"
opening balances or manually add transactions that were in float.

Not much work, actually, and this keeps the year's data file (and
backups) down to a reasonable size.  Access to past data is as easy as
opening the appropriate file (one must remember to ensure you're working
on the correct data at the start of the next session as the autobot
opens the last data file you uses, not the newest by date).

I understand that people using GnuCash for business purposes may be
facing different issues and restrictions.

RBM.