Year end issues

Jeff Abrahamson jeff at p27.eu
Tue Jan 16 01:08:23 EST 2018

In France, even for small clubs like ours, we face a regulatory
requirement that the books be immutable after end of year.  This makes
sense in that if the tax authorities (even though we don't have to file
taxes) ask us a question and then find out that our books for some past
year have changed, they might reasonably be suspicious of our rigor and
tax-exempt-worthiness.

Is there a way in gnucash to make a set of transactions or a period of
time immutable?  For us, that's really the only reason we still have for
"closing books" -- avoiding this sort of mistake where something gets
accidentally entered or changed from a past year.

Jeff Abrahamson
+33 6 24 40 01 57
+44 7920 594 255

http://p27.eu/jeff/