Filtered account report

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 12:44:46 EST 2018

On that note, if only one loan has 1000 interests splits but the other loans are more manageable, then Michael just provided a workable solution.

Rename the current ‘loan interest’ account to match the name of the loan with the most interest splits. (yes, everything will still be in it)

Then create the new parent and the other child loan interest accounts as he indicated.

Run a Find on the newly renamed ‘loan interest 1’ account and filter for memos/descriptions for one of the other loans. Now, you’re looking at a subset of that account register for just one particular loan. Edit those interest splits to their respective new child interest account.

Rinse, repeat for additional loans.

This will provide what you want, with the least amount of work and set you up for more granular reporting in the future.

I did something similar on several occasions when I wanted to re-assign a large block of expenses to child accounts as I was refining my CoA.

Regards,
Adrien