Messed up file names

Gerald Mathias mathias at hawaii.edu
Sat Jan 20 16:36:03 EST 2018

"

"If, by restore, you mean open a different file then use File > Open in
GC.  Then once you are happy that you have the current file open use File >
Save As to save it with an appropriate name and then it should re-open that
one in future.  Keep an eye on the name in the title bar if ever you are
concerned about which file you have open."

Actually, I meant "restore the missing transactions," thinking that some of
those single-dated files had info the newer ones don't, but that is
probably not the case. All missing stuff is still on the Raspberry-Pi I had
copied from, and I'll just have to redo them by hand, I guess. Something I
read in either gnucash-help or the manual-with-tutorial seems to say I
could just copy to switch to a new computer, but I don't think doing that
now is really an option. So, thank you, I'm ready to "Save As."