Price Retrieval Failure

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Jan 24 13:41:17 EST 2018

David,

Op woensdag 24 januari 2018 04:01:23 CET schreef D via gnucash-user:
> Derek,
>
> I did edit the environment file.

As a sneak preview, with 3.0 this will become a thing of the past. Instead of
updating the environment file over and over, you will be creating an
"environment.local" file right next to the environment file and make your
local customizations in there. Gnucash will never override that file, so your
customizations will survive gnucash updates.

Of course that's not much help right now. I thought it was worth mentioning
already.

Even better would be if gnucash would provide a gui somewhere to allow the
user to enter the alphavantage key. There are several pitfalls to that
approach as well though and in the context of this mail I won't go into those.

> This experience makes it clear to me that it would be nice if Gnucash had
> some way of showing F::Q information to the end user, like a screen showing
> the version installed, and maybe having buttons to trigger the various gnc-
> scripts and show the output. This would make debugging just a tad easier...
> (Note that I am not asking for better error messages, which certainly would
> be nice, but not likely, since finance quote isn't Gnucash).

Totally agreed indeed.

Geert