Price Retrieval Failure

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Jan 24 14:26:43 EST 2018

David,

Another thing to try is run gnucash from the command line (I  believe this is
also possible on OS X, though I don't know the details).

Normally gnucash prints the version of F::Q it finds to the console during
startup. That may give a hint already.

Geert

Op woensdag 24 januari 2018 04:01:23 CET schreef D via gnucash-user:
> Derek,
>
> I did edit the environment file.
>
> This experience makes it clear to me that it would be nice if Gnucash had
> some way of showing F::Q information to the end user, like a screen showing
> the version installed, and maybe having buttons to trigger the various gnc-
> scripts and show the output. This would make debugging just a tad easier...
> (Note that I am not asking for better error messages, which certainly would
> be nice, but not likely, since finance quote isn't Gnucash).
>
> David
>

> On January 23, 2018, at 11:22 PM, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
>
> Did you update the environment file again after the upgrade? The update
> process overwrites that file.
>
> -derek
> Sent using my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
>

> On January 23, 2018 1:08:36 PM D via gnucash-user
> <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>

> > Thanks. As I noted originally, my file was correctly configured and
> > retrieving quotes from Alphavantage before the upgrade. Regardless, I had
> >
> > double checked that as well.
> >

> > Did you know that you can display the quote source for your securities on
> >
> > the main securities page? I didn't, before this.
> >

> > David
> >

> > On January 23, 2018, at 10:25 PM, david amaral <dejamaral at yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
>

> > Verify security editor for your investments have get quotes checked
> > and AlphaVantage  listed as source for each entry.

 for the Alphavantage key, added the same key to
> > /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/etc/gnucash/environment,
> > changed all my stocks to use other:alphavantage, and I was able to
> > retrieve
 quotes.

> > Upon upgrade, I find I am no longer able to retrieve AlphaVantage quotes.
> >
> > F::Q works at the command line:
> >

> > $ /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-check
> >

> > ("1.47" "adig" "aex" "aiahk" "alphavantage" "amfiindia" "asegr" "asia"
> > "asx" "australia" "bamosz" "bet" "bmonesbittburns" "bourso" "brasil" "bse"

 "bsero" "canada" "canadamutual" "citywire" "cominvest" "cse" "deka"
> > "dutch" "dwsfunds" "europe" "fetch_live_currencies" "fidelity"
> > "fidelity_direct" "fidelityfixed" "financecanada" "finanzpartner"
> > "finland" "fool" "france" "ftfunds" "ftportfolios" "ftportfolios_direct"
> > "fundlibrary" "goldmoney" "greece" "hex" "hu" "hufund" "hungary"
> > "hustock" "indiamutual"
> > "known_currencies" "lerevenu" "maninv" "morningstar" "morningstarjp"
> > "mstaruk" "nasdaq" "nyse" "nz" "nzx" "platinum" "romania" "seb_funds"
> > "sixfunds" "sixshares" "stockhousecanada_fund" "tdefunds" "tdwaterhouse"
> > "tiaacref" "tnetuk" "troweprice" "troweprice_direct" "trustnet" "tsp"
> > "tsx"
 "uk_unit_trusts" "ukfunds" "unionfunds" "usa" "usfedbonds"
> > "vanguard" "vwd" "yahoo" "yahoo_asia" "yahoo_australia" "yahoo_brasil"
> > "yahoo_europe" "yahoo_json" "yahoo_nz" "yahoo_yql" "za" "za_unittrusts”)
> >

> > $ /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-dump
> > alphavantage
 AAPL