Please remove me from the mailing list

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 14:16:03 EST 2018

I just looked at the Mailing Lists page on the wiki.

While “I” understand I’d have to manage an external subscription externally, I can see others may not get that.

Perhaps a more explicit explanation in the Mailing List Reflectors section might help. (if they read it)

I do think the recent change to the auto-footer will help as well since people likely will not remember that they have to manage their Nabble, Gmane, or whatever account independently. I would guess it could be generalized if things get out of hand.

I’ve made the following edit in that wiki section:

Previous:

==Mailing List Reflectors==
There is alternate access to some of the Gnucash mailing lists through [http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/ Nabble] and [http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user Gmane]. Being able to post to those sites does not subscribe you to the mailing list, so your posts will still wait in the queue to be approved, until you actually subscribe to the list. To unsubscribe you have to leave both the reflector and the Gnucash list. Nabble hides email addresses, but they are not hidden on other systems. Take care with your choice of email address for subscription, as it will be exposed to the internet.

My Edit:
== Mailing List Reflectors ==
There is alternate access to some of the Gnucash mailing lists through [http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/ Nabble] and [http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user Gmane]. These sites are not affiliated with or maintained by the GnuCash project and are not managed by the GnuCash mailing list server. Being able to post to those sites does not subscribe you to the mailing list, so your posts will still wait in the queue to be approved, until you actually subscribe to the list. If you decide to unsubscribe you must do so <i>both</i> on the particular 3rd party reflector site and the Gnucash list. If you are still receiving e-mails from the list, double-check your account with the 3rd party reflector you were using. Nabble hides email addresses, but they are not hidden on other systems. Take care with your choice of email address for subscription, as it will be exposed to the internet.

I’ve also added the following to the end of the Mailing List Management section:

;Note:Don't forget to unsubscribe from any 3rd party list reflector you may have used or you will continue to get list messages from that site.

Perhaps that will make things clearer.

Regards,
Adrien