Please remove me from the mailing list

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 30 13:21:38 EST 2018

Liz <edodd at billiau.net> writes:

> I put this person on "Moderation" + "No Mail" which disconnects this
> person from Gnucash Mailman sent mail. As this person then tried to
> reply and was caught in the moderation queue, it's not mail from here
> which they are receiving.
> However, it does confirm that they were unable to unsubscribe,
> describing "going in circles".
> As this person needs to unsubscribe from Nabble to avoid inwards mail
> from this list, we do need to document this somewhere.

I don't understand why it is *our* problem that users cannot unsubscribe
from an external service that we don't control?  Keep in mind that a new
service can pop up tomorrow, and another one the next day.  At what
point do we stop being responsible for these third-party services that
we have no control over?  What if someone set up an actual List<->NNTP
gateway, and then yet another party set up a different NNTP<->SecondList
gateway?  My head hurts just thinking about supporting all those
third-party configurations!