invoice+bill for same bank transaction for business

Paul de Vries paul.de.vries at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 30 14:23:18 EST 2018

clients that are handled by an agency need both an invoice for the service rendered and a bill for the agency's commission. the agency balances the invoice and their bill into a single bank transaction.

for dutch tax I must specify revenue, tax due, tax payed separately, so I cannot handle this by something like a credit note.

if I replace the bank transaction by 2 transactons for invoice and bill it would be solved. but I import bank transactions and repeat this the next period to make sure that after mistakes in editing no bank transactions are lost, so this is not a good solution for me.

it could be done this way:

example: invoice=100 bill=10
- bank  90+ as imported
- bank  90- new entry that balances the imported bank transaction to nil
- bank 100+ for invoice
- bank  10- for bill

is there a 'right way' or better solution for this situation?

thanks
-paul.