invoice+bill for same bank transaction for business

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 09:20:06 EST 2018

Hi Paul

We have similar in Australia called 'Recipient Created Tax Invoices' see
https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/GST/Issuing-tax-invoices/

I solve this by NOT using the Gnucash business features at all. The
agency takes care of all customer payment chasing, refunds, calculating
taxes etc, and sends a single bank remittance. Therefore the business
accrual issues are invisible to me. I do cash accounting.

See last section on
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Alternate_Australian_GST_setup for my
solution. Each monthly transaction describes gross income, GST on sales,
agency portion, GST paid to agency, and remittance to bank. I record the
values manually in every bank remittance as a multisplit transaction
involving 5 accounts, and report subtotals quarterly to tax authorities.

HTH