[GNC] GnuCash 3.2 Released

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Mon Jul 2 18:59:51 EDT 2018

Geert,

I had realised the same thing about needing to uninstall before building and
shifted the section on uninstalling to before the section on Building on the
Wiki page and specifically mentioned using the previous version's build
directory. I might make the note clearer about retaining the build directory
for uninstalling.

>From the tarball the source directory installs with the version number
attached (from github it is a generic gnucash). It has become my practice to
put the build directory inside the source directory (I have had no problems
with that) so it is clearly identified which version it is for, or
alternatively one could tag the build directory with the version number as
there is no real need to keep the source directory once the build is done.
I'm not pushed for space so I don't bother to delete the source files until
I've installed another version and I'm happy with it but others won't
necessarily have that luxury.

At the moment the uninstall from a ninja build I did is a kludge. I will see
if I can find how/where cmake generates the install secion when creating
build.ninja and populate the uninstall target. If I succeed, i'll generate a
patch.

 I take John's point that ninja,  and cmake to a lesser extent now that it
is the only build configuration route, are primarily developers tools.

David

-----
David Cousens