[GNC] Where is the theme selection in 3.x?

Thomas Forrester tlforrester at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 11:58:01 EDT 2018

You're right Geert, this class of application rarely has theming
capabilities, but it was a very nice feature of GnuCash and it at least had
the capability of dressing up an otherwise rather utilitarian interface.

Personally, if you would just go in and adjust the tool-tips to be
something other that thin white text on a jet black background, I'd be 3/4
the way to happy.  The text literally takes on a rainbow effect on my
monitors because the antialiasing isn't correct for the colors used and the
stroke weight of the font.  That can't be a huge undertaking to fix. Don't
worry about the antialiasing, just make the font color black, and font
weight bold and set the background color to maybe 15% grey and it ought to
look way better.

As for stepping up, I'd love to, and I used to develop financial systems
customizations and full modules in what has slowly morphed from Solomon IV
to Great Plains to Microsoft Dynamics.  But that was in a Visual Basic 6 /
MS SQL Server environment.  Not to mention somewhere around 18 years ago.
I have no idea how to develop anything in the Linux environment, and don't
even know what language GnuCash is written in.  Never been involved in a
"community" project of this magnitude.  Overall, I think the problem you
face is that your audience (whatever platform they are on) are accountants
and bookkeepers, not programmers.  Hard to find just the right development
skill set and knowledge of accounting all in one person.

And thank you for listening to my gripe anyway,  ;)

Tom