[GNC] Alphavantage quote displaying wrong currency and value

Mark Blakeney mark.blakeney at bullet-systems.net
Sat Jul 7 19:51:36 EDT 2018

Chris,

Yes thanks. I actually discovered that myself later on. Obviously it was
picking up some other US stock called WES.

I find this online quote stuff needlessly confusing though. I fretted
trying to work out what to configure as the "Type" for my stocks given none
of the default ones (NASDAQ, EUREX, etc) seemed appropriate to my ASX
stocks. Also, that field is confusingly called "Namespace" when you look in
the securities editor. Then I eventually discovered the Type/Namespace
field serves no purpose whatever and can be configured to whatever you want
to make up! That field should be removed. Also, why is it required to
configure a timezone? The software is only after the latest quote price and
should be able to hide that complexity from the user.

--
Mark Blakeney.