[GNC] How to move my Windows 10 2.6.17 to a new Windows, 10 machine?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Fri Jul 13 08:46:21 EDT 2018

On 7/13/2018 8:20 AM, Stan Brown wrote:
> I think there's a mechanism for entering that as a request for the product, and I think it would be a great idea. Programs in general ought to make it easier not just to move their settings but to back them up.
>
> P.S. I'm not really a programmer any more, but I still keep my hand in with various forms of scripting, mainly AWK and batch files. One day I'll learn Windows PowerShell, maybe.

  Absolutely not. Not on a program by program, application by
application basis.

Look, if on computer there is a data area ... users/user-name/..... and
if THIS (entire directory) is copied to back-up then ALL of that user's
data has been backed up in one operation.

SPACE (cheap these days) is the only good reason to do incremental
back-ups. But if this method is used, should be neither the
responsibility of programs nor manual actions by the user, but an
automated back-up system designed for the purpose << say runs every
night and makes a (new) back-up of every file that has changed since the
day before >>

Michael D Novack