[GNC] How to move my Windows 10 2.6.17 to a new Windows, 10 machine?

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 13 08:20:18 EDT 2018

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018, at 4:59 AM, Norbert Klein wrote:
> Thanks, Stan, for sharing your work with all.
> I still hope there will be - some time in the not too distant future - a
> program which can be used also by a non-programmer to move a well
> working GnuCash system from one Widows 10 computer to a new Windows 10
> computer.

I think there's a mechanism for entering that as a request for the product, and I think it would be a great idea. Programs in general ought to make it easier not just to move their settings but to back them up.

P.S. I'm not really a programmer any more, but I still keep my hand in with various forms of scripting, mainly AWK and batch files. One day I'll learn Windows PowerShell, maybe.

--
Stan Brown
the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
http://BrownMath.com