[GNC] survey: unifying the appearance in different options dialogs

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jul 16 10:47:14 EDT 2018

Di Mang,

I have no preference for either top or left-side tabs, as long as they are consistent across the application. However, I can see that changing the main app preferences to top tabs might be cumbersome as there are so many. Therefore, if a delineation were made that ‘preference panes’ use left-side tabs, and ‘report-options’ used top-tabs, I think that would help to maintain functional consistency. App and file (book) preferences are something changed less often. Report Options might be adjusted frequently to generate different views of the same data.

The only other change visually I would think in order would be to style the report-options similar to the application preferences, by reversing the colors. (the main content area should be lighter colored, the tabs, darker) The styling change would make all preference/option dialogs consistent and easier to focus. With the present scheme, the tabs grab the user’s attention more than the options themselves. (I understand this wouldn’t hold up with any particular alternative gtk theme, but the default should look proper)

Regards,
Adrien