[GNC] Posting Asset expenses via Vendor Bill

dlbonline dlbonline at cox.net
Fri Jul 27 00:01:53 EDT 2018

I am new to gnuCash, so I hope this is not already asked and answered.

I have rental and flip property that carry expenses against an asset.  For
example, I have a painter paint a house for me.  He sends an invoice,  I
enter the invoice into the Business->vendor->New Bill form.  In the "Expense
Account" column, I enter the following account (which does exist in the COA)
Assets:Fixed Assets:House:473 Darlington:Paint.  After the bill is posted,
the transaction does not show up on the Asset's ledger.

This appears to work if I enter the "Expense Account" as an existing expense
account.  For example Expenses:Home Repair:Paint.  But, this does not show
up on the ledger for the Asset, which is ultimately what I need.

Is there a way to accomplish this transaction?

Thanks.

David Briggs

dlbonline at cox.net <mailto:dlbonline at cox.net>

918 625 9170