[GNC] Payroll add-on, module, software?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Jul 27 01:15:53 EDT 2018

It strikes me as the problem is being overthought.

If a spreadsheet can handle the calculations, it can’t be that complicated.

If a spreadsheet can handle creating the proper csv for export and then import into gnucash, again, it can’t be that complicated.

The complications are jurisdictional and apply BEFORE any transaction entry in csv form is generated.

Maybe you accomplish this with a spreadsheet, maybe a python module or maybe even a webapp. The end result just needs to be a csv that can be imported into GnuCash.

If you want to take it a step further, use the APIs to write the data and skip the csv step.

I’d guess a plugin-module is possible, but it isn’t even necessary. I’d suspect plenty of people are using some combination (or other) solution that I’ve already mentioned. It’s just that they haven’t published it so no one knows about it. Someone out there is calculating payroll and automatically importing the resulting transaction to GnuCash, we just don’t know who they are or how they are going about it. (and perhaps their’s isn’t the best method even)

Regards,
Adrien