[GNC] Nabble Delay? (was Re: Future Payments)

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Fri Jul 27 00:13:57 EDT 2018

Adrien,

I do use Nabble and also get the user list posts by email but as I am in
Australia I sometiimes notice there is a long delay associated with being in
this timezone. I'm not sure where the moderators are located but, I tend to
post usually in the morning AEST (UTC -10:00) and my posts don't often
appear on Nabble, until the next morning so often the issue has been dealt
with by the time a post gets up. We need to be aware that not all responders
are necessarily in the same time zone.

This never seemed to be a problem a couple of years ago but maybe the
location of the moderator(s) has changed and/or they only have a narrow time
window available to them to lookover posts. Again no criticism of the
moderators intended or to be inferred.  I have never really expected
immediate responses in any case so I don't find it too much of a problem but
it does make conversations on a topic difficult at times.

The delay is not just whether one is subscribed to the mail  lists or not
though. I am subscribed to both gnucash-dev and gnucash-user but use Nabble
a lot of the time and my posts to both are still passed through a moderator
and it does not matter whether I reply using Nabble online or by email I
still receive an email saying my post is awaiting moderation.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens