[GNC] GNUcash 3.2 file open issue

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sat Jul 28 00:41:56 EDT 2018

Additional information. The GTK FileChooser dialog has a "local-only"
property which by default is true and has setters and getters to access
it.(https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkFileChooser.html#gtk-file-chooser-get-uris)
The “local-only” property
  “local-only”               gboolean
Whether the selected file(s) should be limited to local file: URLs.

Flags: Read / Write

Default value: TRUE

gtk_file_chooser_set_local_only ()
void
gtk_file_chooser_set_local_only (GtkFileChooser *chooser,
                                 gboolean local_only);
Sets whether only local files can be selected in the file selector. If
local_only is TRUE (the default), then the selected file or files are
guaranteed to be accessible through the operating systems native file system
and therefore the application only needs to worry about the filename
functions in GtkFileChooser, like gtk_file_chooser_get_filename(), rather
than the URI functions like gtk_file_chooser_get_uri(),

On some systems non-native files may still be available using the native
filesystem via a userspace filesystem (FUSE).

Parameters
chooser

a GtkFileChooser

local_only

TRUE if only local files can be selected

gtk_file_chooser_get_local_only ()
gboolean
gtk_file_chooser_get_local_only (GtkFileChooser *chooser);
Gets whether only local files can be selected in the file selector. See
gtk_file_chooser_set_local_only()

Parameters
chooser

a GtkFileChooser

Returns
TRUE if only local files can be selected.

not sure how this property affects usb mounts and network shares.  I'll
check it out on the v3.2 source code as I have both it and the matesr branch
downloaded and easily built

David

-----
David Cousens