[GNC] Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya and Gnucash 3.2

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sat Jul 28 18:11:49 EDT 2018

Colin,
It is possible it has been compiled or is missing libdbi which
supoports the db access via the various db backends.  It has to be
included in the dependencies to get the sqlbackend to run.  I haven't
yet explored the flatpak process at all. If it hides trace and
debugging information that's not helpful. The two guys who run the
Githubflathub/org.GnuCash.GnuCash site seem to be primarily Gnome
developers rather than being involved with the GnuCash development. I
don't know if they had any contact with the main GnuCash developers
before setting it up.  I converted from LM18.3 to LM 19 iin the middle
of this and struck some initial problems with a kernel upgrade that
LM19 applied automatically. Still recovering from that one. Still
sorting out some problems with network shares as well. I've just about
got the GnuCash build setup back to normal on LM 19 but hit a hitch
with the cmake detection of swig3.0 which I'm sorting out.
David