[GNC] Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya and Gnucash 3.2

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 04:04:19 EDT 2018

On 28 July 2018 at 23:11, David Cousens <davidcousens at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Colin,
>
> It is possible it has been compiled or is missing libdbi which supoports
> the db access via the various db backends. It has to be included in the
> dependencies to get the sqlbackend to run.

David,

I see MySQL as an option in Save As so I assumed that meant that it had
been compiled with libdbi enabled.  I am able to save to mysql using a
self-compiled 3.2 version of GnuCash so that suggests to me that the run
time system dependencies are there.  Can you suggest what the problem might
be?  As you say it is a pain that it seems that a trace file is not
generated (I did a full disk search for the trace file and could not find
it) as it is very difficult to know what is going on.

Colin