[GNC] Post invoice still wants to be paid

David Briggs dlbriggs at cox.net
Sat Jul 28 23:51:16 EDT 2018

Hi,

First, let me say the books are in balance in all respects.

Early on, I created an invoice (let's call it Invoice #2) that was posted
and paid.   when I open GnuCash I get a nag to pay it.  When I open
Vendor->Find Bills and search for that invoice I see it as posted and paid.
I also see it in the appropriate ledgers as posted and paid.

I have opened the raw XML file and can only find one set of tags for that
invoice (easy enough, there is some unique text on one of the split lines.
)  My thought was to delete it, but if I do that, the books go out of
balance - as expected.

The "Pay me" nag persists whether the bill is flagged as active nor not.
Interestingly, nothing bad happens when I flag it as inactive.  I should
think the books would go out of balance, but that does not seem to be the
case, and the invoice and associated payment are still in the appropriate
ledgers.

Is there some way to get rid of this what appears to be a duplicate, posted
but not paid, invoice?

David Briggs

dlbriggs at cox.net <mailto:dlbriggs at cox.net>

918 625 9170