[GNC] Post invoice still wants to be paid

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jul 29 08:47:10 EDT 2018

On Sat, 28 Jul 2018, David Briggs wrote:

> Early on, I created an invoice (let's call it Invoice #2) that was posted
> and paid. when I open GnuCash I get a nag to pay it. When I open
> Vendor->Find Bills and search for that invoice I see it as posted and
> paid. I also see it in the appropriate ledgers as posted and paid.

David,

   How interesting! I have an analagous situation when I open my business
books: a window displaying a paid A/R invoice pops up (see attached) telling
me it's still wating to be paid. It was paid a long time ago.

   After trying to get gnucash to accept that client invoice was paid, I
shrugged and clicked the 'Close' button. The message box goes away and I do
what needs to be done.

   There is no similar issue with my personal books, only the business books.

   This with gnucash-3.2 (on Slackware-14.2 if that makes any difference).

   While our situations are benign it would be nice to have them cleared.

Regards,

Rich