[GNC] Loss of all data

David Finbow d.finbow1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 10:06:33 EDT 2018

Can any one help me ! I¹ve managed to lose/unable to open all my data !
I updated my Mac OS from 10.6 to ³El Capitan². When I came to open Gnucash I
got the message ³Could not obtain the lock for file:///.......² on all my
files.
The update had corrupted the Gnucash files. There were no .LNK or .LCK files
to be found. I could get to the files as read only but was not able to save
any new data. I saved all the Gnucash files to a USB memory stick and then
deleted all the Gnucash files from the desktop. I then downloaded the most
recent Gnucash and set up some new files hoping to drop the files from
memory stick into the new Gnucash files. All that came up were the new empty
files. Alas the old data seems to have gone although there are log files on
the memory stick.
David