[GNC] GNUcash 3.2 file open issue

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 10:38:08 EDT 2018

On 29 July 2018 at 13:34, David Cousens <davidcousens at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Just an update.
>
> I have been converting from LM18.3 to LM 19 on my desktop and didn't have
> it setup for building GnuCash for the past week which is why I was using
> the
> flatpack version.
> I've just completed building GnuCash 3.2 from sources in LM 19 with all the
> options and I now see USB sticks in the sidebar and can open them. Other
> Locations is not however showing shares from my NAS but I usually mount
> these into directories under my home directory and they are accessible from
> there.
>
> It may be the flatpak version that is limiting access. I will build v3.2 on
> LM18.3 on my laptop tomorrow to see if it is OS or flathub.

That will likely be a flatpak issue.  Flatpak packages are by default
sandboxed and it is up to the packager to specify what it is allowed to
access.  Likely some permission is missing from there.

Come to think of it that may well be the reason for the missing trace file,
if the app cannot access the specified folder.

Colin