[GNC] What does this mean?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jul 30 18:58:04 EDT 2018

Daniel,

The Num field is normally used to hold the transaction number. This option will change this behavior. With the option checked, the split that anchors the transaction to a register can have it’s own transaction number. So if you’re viewing from say your checking account, you’ll have one transaction number, but from perhaps the income register, you might have a different transaction number. This is because the transaction number is set by the split, not the entire transaction.

See the Help Manual, section 10.3. Customizing GnuCash > Book Options and scroll down to the relevant setting explanation: http://gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?doc=help

Regards,
Adrien