[GNC] Post invoice still wants to be paid

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jul 30 20:18:15 EDT 2018

> On Jul 30, 2018, at 6:55 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2018, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
>
>> Open the A/P Register (since you’re dealing with a bill) and choose
>> Actions > View Lots.
>
> Adrien,
>
>  In my business books the issue is paid A/R invoices that still show open.

Sorry Rich,

I meant that as a reply for David Briggs who was having bill issues, but the process should be the same for A/R and invoices. (I’ve used it for both)

>> Select a bill in that pane.
>
>  Did so.
>
>> You’ll see the original bill split plus any payment splits in the lower
>> right pane: Splits in Lot.
>
>  I see the 'open' client invoice and ...
>
>> Take special care to follow each lot and make sure you have the CORRECT
>> payment splits associated with it. (likely, somewhere, you don’t, which is
>> causing the problem)
>
>  I see the client's invoice payment debited to my checking account on the
> same day I entered the invoice.

I don’t think you’re in the right window.

>> You might have to fix these one bill at a time, close the lots window,
>> double check everything and then view lots again. (time consuming, I know,
>> but better to be careful than make more of a mess)
>
>  I don't have splits on these A/R invoices, but they are all posted to
> accounts receivable and, when paid, appear in my checking account register.
> I am unsure how to fix these and would appreciate advice.

No, I don’t mean splits on the invoices themselves or in the A/R register, I mean in the View Lots window.

You should be looking at something like this:

Each lot with a closed date should have payment splits (the negative amounts as they are credits to A/R) equal in total to the invoice split. (the first one listed usually, and a positive amount as it is a debit to A/R) The above screenshot is a simple case of an invoice with only one payment. (happens to be both entered on the same day) If a customer took several payments to pay off an invoice, you’ll have more splits accordingly. If they paid multiple invoices with a single payment, the splits will be just enough to pay that invoice and there will be one for each invoice. (if you look in your payment or A/R registers you’ll see those multiple splits that add up to the single payment)

With the A/R register open, go to the Actions menu and choose View Lots. That will get you in the right place to move splits around to re-assign the payments to properly apply to the proper invoices. (or discover true duplicates) Be sure to follow the process I outlined in the last reply. Try to go in date order most recent backwards in time at least to the point of the invoice in question. (you might have earlier issues, but this will get you mostly ‘fixed’)

Most of this work is in the View Lots window, not the registers themselves unless you end up with one or more of those corner cases I mentioned at the end of that last reply.

Regards,
Adrien