[GNC] Custom invoices don't work after upgrade

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Jun 2 04:18:37 EDT 2018

Op zaterdag 2 juni 2018 06:18:54 CEST schreef Adrien Monteleone:
> Just an FYI, the “qof-” ’interface’ will be phased out as development
> progresses on moving to a proper db based application, so I wouldn’t rely
> on it if at all possible. That particular variable/function very well might
> be a now deprecated part of the API. See the roadmap article on the wiki
> for more info.

That will probably still take a while.

What has been removed here specifically is the ability to access kvp frames
and slot directly. Kvp slots are an implementation detail of the backends and
should never have been exposed in the first place. All known uses of
qof-book-get-slots and related functions should have a higher level
alternative access function.

Unfortunately the error message doesn't show exactly which slot your invoice
report was trying to access, so I can't readily tell what the replacement
function should be.

Considering the issue happens in an invoice report I suspect the report is
trying to access company information or fancy date info. I haven't seen your
original report (it looks like you sent it directly to Chris), but I expect
that's what he replaced in his updated report.

Regards,

Geert