[GNC] GnuCash Friendly Accountant

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jun 3 08:45:09 EDT 2018

On Sun, 3 Jun 2018, John Robins wrote:

> Are there any lists where you can locate a business/personal accountant
> that is ready to work with companies using GnuCash? I'm looking for one
> around Lakeland/Winter Haven, Florida

John,

   Without knowing your specific interests I'll offer my experiences. Over
the years I've had discussions with my accountant about switching to linux.
The problem is their tax software. Not only does that run only in Windows
(and her IT person doesn't know how to use a virtual Windows machine for
it), but requires other specifics that severely limit her choices. Worse
still, here in Oregon the state's Dept. of Revenue insists that accountants
use the department's software which is buggy and error prone.

   It doesn't matter what software her clients use because there's no direct
import into the federal or state tax software that she must use.

   I send her PDF files of the profit & loss and income statements at the end
of each month, along with quarterly and YTD reports. This works for her. I
also send PDF files for personal data when she needs it for annual tax
reporting.

   Florida may be different.

HTH,

Rich