[GNC] GnuCash Friendly Accountant

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jun 3 09:24:09 EDT 2018

On Sun, 3 Jun 2018, John Robins wrote:

> What I am hoping to find is an accountant whereby we can share the GnuCash
> file on Dropbox with them and then they can output the information they
> need for our filings.

John,

   This may make more work for them than they're willing to take on.
Especially during tax season. They'd still need to re-keyboard the data.

   Ask your accountant what information they want from you for each reporting
period, then provide only that. You make their job easier and avoid
unintentional errors. And, of course, increased costs from the time they
spend extracting the information from what you send.

> From what you are saying I probably need to make contact with a number of
> accountants in my area and see if I can convince any of them to give it a
> try.

   Good luck with that.

Regards,

Rich