[GNC] USING THE SAME GNUCASH FILE ON BOTH LINUX AND WINDOWS COMPUTERS

Info info8824 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 11:38:14 EDT 2018

Greetings:

We have used gnucash on linux. While not experts, we think we can
accomplish what we need.

We want to use gnucash to maintain the financial records of a new
private foundation. The number of transactions will not be prohibitive.
We can restrict entries to one person at a time, no multiple incidents.
We would like to be able to put the main gnucash data files on a usb
drive and move the drive from linux computers to windows computers.
Gnucash will be loaded on all the computers.

Will we encounter problems with differences between the way a linux
gnucash interacts with the data and the way a windows gnucash interacts?
We can install exactly the same release on all computers (we are not
talking about more than 3 or 4 computers total.) This is for
convenience. If there is even the possibility of trouble, we will
restrict all entries to linux computers.

Thanks for your kind assistance.

Joel