[GNC] Autofill with Open Date?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Jun 7 02:08:14 EDT 2018

On Wednesday, 6 June 2018 16:25:15 BST Sensei Tim Rosanelli wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using Gnucash for my business and love it but I have one question.
>
> Most of my transaction are via credit card. That means that the invoice
> open date, line item date, post date, due date, and payment date are all
> the same. Gnucash autofills with todays date but I am usually entering
> invoices a few day later.  Gnucash requires me to enter each date
> individually which requires a huge amount of time.
>
> Is there any way to automatically enter the post date, due date, and
> payment? Or is there any way for these field to autofill with the open
> date instead of today's date? This would save me hours of work each month.

Hi Tim,

I only use the business features for items that really are Accounts Payable,
where the bill will be paid some time after the date that is has been raised.

For items that my business buys directly - by card or cash - I don't bother
with the whole create invoice - process payment and just use a credit card
register for those transactions.

0.02
Maf.