[GNC] USING THE SAME GNUCASH FILE ON BOTH LINUX AND WINDOWS COMPUTERS

cicko alen.siljak at gmx.com
Thu Jun 7 06:55:14 EDT 2018

Dennis Powless wrote
> You could use a cloud based storage service, with all computers linked,
> such as Dropbox.
> You can have GC on as many computers as you see fit, each using the same
> GC data file.
> That way you’re not depending on a usb drive that could get misplaced
> etc....
> Dennis

Right. I can confirm this works fine as I'm using the same book on Windows
and Linux machines, synchronized via Dropbox. The book itself is an sqlite
database.

Probably, if you used a MySql/MariaDb instance, all the workstations in the
organization could connect to it seamlessly.

I am not, however, using any custom reports in GnuCash. These used to be
stored in user's profile directory and would have had to be copied to other
machines. With v3 the location has changed but I believe the principle is
the same.