[GNC] Dock Icon on Mac

Glen Byram (Gmail) glen83501 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 10:18:22 EDT 2018

Sorry to be unclear. I mean, when Gnucash opens (by double clicking the App, not a data file), it is at the place I left off. It sounds from the replies like this is normal behaviour and that Gnucash doesn't particularly care where the file is located (In my case \Users\username\Documents\Accounts)

On 13/06/2018, 14:05, "Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:

    On Wednesday, 13 June 2018 13:54:25 BST Colin Law wrote:
    > On 13 June 2018 at 13:39, Glen Byram (Gmail) <glen83501 at gmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > The only other thing I have considered is that I open the App with a data
    > > file active (my personal finances). Could it be something to do with the
    > > location of that data file?
    >
    > What do you mean by open the App "with a data file".  On a Mac I believe
    > you cannot open the app by double clicking a data file, if that is what you
    > meant.
    >
    > Colin

    I believe that click-datafile-to-open on a Mac works in the sense that GC
    starts up, but it fails to load the clicked file.  I.E. GC persists with the
    previously-opened file used in the last session, then you have to File->Open.
    But I don't have a Mac and have never used one, so I may be wrong.

    Maf.