[GNC] Problems importing credit card transactions via CSV formatted file.

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:59:12 EDT 2018

John,

I have been told that the current release 3.1 of GnuCash has a greatly
improved CSV importer compared to the importer in the release 2.6.x series.
However, some of us have not updated because of certain regressions in that
release.  We are stuck with a cumbersome CSV importer.  I have noticed that
if I consistently assign the amount column of credit card accounts to
WITHDRAWAL the numbers come in with the correct sign, except for one rogue
account that does not follow the same format.

There is a list of a number of tools posted here <
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Published_tools> which includes a CSV to QIF
converter which you might find useful.

David C