[GNC] QIF Import in GnuCash 3.1

Daniel Rosenberg dnlrsnbrg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 03:48:25 EDT 2018

Hi,

I recently upgraded from GnuCash 2.6.19 to 3.1 (Windows 10).
I use the Gnucash app for Android to record transactions on the go and
later import them to the desktop version. The exported QIF file is in UTF-8
format and includes some german language special characters (ü, ö, ä, ß)
which are correctly shown when opening the file in notepad and notepad++.
When importing the QIF file to Gnucash, this characters are represented as
what seems to be ANSI characters, for example ä turns into ä
(Geschäftsreise --> Geschäftsreise). Is there a way to change this
behaviour in GnuCash? I can't find an option in the QIF importer like in
the CSV importer where I can change the charset.

Thanks

Daniel