[GNC] Alphavantage Problem

samsurd2 samsurd2 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 16 13:33:40 EDT 2018

I'm running GC 2.6.16 with Finance-Quote 1.47 on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
machines. I don't have an explanation but I do have an observation.

I've noticed that around the 15th or 16th of every month since the switch
from Yahoo to AlphaVantage, I've had only limited success getting quotes
using Finance-Quote. Admittedly, I have a long list of equities that I track
but usually I get them all on the first try. Occasionally, a second pass is
required to get one or two quotes that are missing initially. However, for
whatever the reason, I have difficulty getting the majority around the 15th
or 16th of every month. I usually request updated quotations once a week
early on Saturday morning. Today was no exception and, as usual, the list
for which no quotes were available was a long one. Fortunately, I'm able to
download the complete list of the prior day's closing values from another
source so that I can manually enter the quotes that Finance-Quote missed.