[GNC] AlphaVantage Quotes

Bruce Schuck bschuck at asgard-systems.com
Tue Jun 19 17:45:09 EDT 2018

I believe I'm not the only one experiencing occasional issues getting
quotes from AlphaVantage. While poking around I found a similar source,
World Trading Data at https://www.worldtradingdata.com/. They use an API
Key similar to AlphaVantage, along with a REST based API. While
researching their API I did come across two issues so far. The first is
that their free service allows just 250 requests per day. Still,
adequate for many investors. The second issue is that they do not have
data for mutual funds, at least not using the expected ticker symbols.

My Perl skills are rusty, having evolved into more of a systems
engineer/architect since my programming days. But on my Mac I did create
a Finance::Quote::WorldTrading module and used it to successfully update
the NYSE and NASDAQ stocks in my GnuCash accounts.

Should I perhaps post the module to the
finance-quote-devel at lists.sourceforge.net list for possible inclusion in
future releases of Finance::Quote?

- Bruce S.